Wednesday, October 13, 2010
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Monday, April 26, 2010
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Lifted: Boone is this Saturday at Alliance Bible Fellowship in Boone, NC. The event will begin at 7pm (doors open at 6:30).
One of my favorite posts on the Lifted Blog was Sam's post giving accolade to all of the different people who are involved with Lifted. This really is a team effort. Though I've technically been the one who has spear-headed these events, because of a vision the LORD gave me last year, it's always just been His. It's always been through a team of people I dearly love, that these events have been made possible.
So I want to say thank you. Thank you to everyone in Raleigh on the Lifted team.
And one more time I'd like to send a shout-out to the Lifted Promotional Team. We have been so amazed at both the amount and creativity of promotion in Boone. You will be blessed in return for your tireless work.
In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.
Monday, March 15, 2010
- Plans are materializing.
- Everyone knows what they have to do, it's just time to do it!
- Lots of praying, that the Lord will continue to go before us and prepare the atmosphere, hearts, and our hands for His work.
- Last minute details that can only be addressed as the event gets closer.
- Excitement, Anticipation, and telling people we know about what's going on.
- Feel invited. Whether you can come to the event or not, we want you to be involved in this night specifically.
- If you're coming, tell people you know about the event. Tell your professors, your friends, your roommates, and your classmates. Child sex trafficking is a global pandemic which appears in every country and every culture. It affects you and me whether or not we see it. Here's a chance to come together for an evening to face the issue head-on, to look it in the eye and dare to respond.
- If you're coming, come as you are. You are welcome to come not knowing any information or statistics whatsoever about child sex trafficking, and you are welcome to come informed on whatever level.
- If you're coming, pray. Pray for opportunities to connect with others about the event and the issue. Pray for hearts to be soft to respond.
- If you are not able to come, PRAY! You are our front-line. Prayer is our most effective tool! Pray for hearts to be soft and responsive. Pray for the atmosphere to be thick with the Spirit of the Lord, and for our ears to be open to how He wants to present Himself.
- If you are not able to come, let us know how we can connect you. Is there somewhere near you where a LIFTED event can be hosted? Would you like a live stream of the BOONE event?
Monday, March 8, 2010
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Sunday, January 31, 2010
We arrived in Chiang Mai on Saturday afternoon and went to visit the girls at the "Garden of Eden." We had a blast there. They cooked us an awesome dinner, pumpkin curry! We've heard Stef speak a lot of Thai, but having her laugh and talk with the girls is our favorite so far. She's GOOD :-) There is a new girl who just came. Every time I see a girl who has been brought to a R Nhu home I think about what they've been saved from and it's amazing to watch them laugh, sing, dance, and play. Today we went to church with them which was sweet. While we are here we will visit Agape ministries which is a home AIDS orphans. We will also visit a temple and do a few other cultural things that really help understand some of the issues in the country.
Here you can watch Stef with the girls :-)