Sunday, January 31, 2010

Hello from Chiang Mai

I think we are probably going to blog about our experience with Night Light eventually, but I don't know if we'll have time to do it in-country. I will say that we were able to speak with a girl who wanted a way out of the industry and we were able to show her how to get out. Please pray for her. Call her "Hope." Thank you to everyone who was praying. We could definitely feel it!


We arrived in Chiang Mai on Saturday afternoon and went to visit the girls at the "Garden of Eden." We had a blast there. They cooked us an awesome dinner, pumpkin curry! We've heard Stef speak a lot of Thai, but having her laugh and talk with the girls is our favorite so far. She's GOOD :-) There is a new girl who just came. Every time I see a girl who has been brought to a R Nhu home I think about what they've been saved from and it's amazing to watch them laugh, sing, dance, and play. Today we went to church with them which was sweet. While we are here we will visit Agape ministries which is a home AIDS orphans. We will also visit a temple and do a few other cultural things that really help understand some of the issues in the country.

Here you can watch Stef with the girls :-)



1 comment:

  1. I just love reading about your experiences and remembering my time there and the girls I love and I envy you all a little that you get to spend time with them now! :-) I love your work and what you are doing and as I've dedicated my life to this work, it's really encouraging to see others so passionate about ending this issue as well. Keep blogging! Enjoy your trip and plan to be changed forever!

    ReplyDelete