Sunday, January 24, 2010

Vision Trip Day 1




Having only stayed in Bangkok 12 hours, I don't know if either Sam or myself (Cat) can describe Thailand's capital city. Here's just a taste: a picture of us at the Alliance Guest Home in Bangkok, home of Stef May (a missionary with Remember Nhu). We will stay here a few more times after returning both from Cambodia and Chiang Mai.

Stef, Sam, and I met up with Annie, an intern with Remember Nhu at the Bangkok airport before flying to Phnom Penh. She's visiting Cambodia for the first time, and I think I can speak for both Sam & myself when I say it's already been sweet getting to know her.

We arrived in Cambodia this afternoon & could immediatley feel a difference between the two countries. In the words of Stef, "these people have a sad story to tell" We'll be learning more about that tomorrow as we visit the Pol Pot museum to hear about the terror of the Khmer Rouge and as we visit the slums on the river.

Already both Sam and I are beginning to see some of the reasons that the LORD has us here right now, and are anticipating much more from Him. Both of us will be blogging somewhat regularly during this 2 week trip, and we hope that this blog is a place for you to come for information about our trip and to see what the LORD does in our hearts. This is a "vision trip", that we are praying will fuel Lifted's ministry to "Inform and Ignite our Generation to Combat the Emergency of Global Sx Trafficking". We hope you'll stay connected here whether you are a friend or you were directed through the Lifted site. We pray that it is not a source of confusion for anyone who happens on to our site, but that you'd be blessed, informed, and ignited by it as well.

I'll leave you one last photo ( L to R is Stef, Sam, and Annie) from dinner tonight. True Fellowship is so sweet.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cat! (I'm only going with that since you did; somehow, not using the version assigned by your Mom doesn't sound quite right, but oh well!). I'm looking forward to keeping up with your trip via this blog (and I'm sure your Mom's facebook page!!). Stef's work is very much on my heart and I'm so glad you've made the trip to expand a "vision" for the mission given to her & others! (Ann from quizzing)

    ReplyDelete